Cook this tasty dish on a cedar plank on the BBQ or in the oven. It’s delicious either way! This marinade can be used for 4 to 8 servings, depending on the intensity of flavour you choose.
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless salmon filets, approx 6 oz each
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- ½ tsp paprika
- pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Cedar plank (optional)
- Mix all ingredients for marinade and pour over salmon.
- Marinate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- If preparing salmon to freeze, place salmon in individual ziploc bags and pour marinade in bag. Remove air from bag and close tightly before placing in freezer.
- To cook on barbeque, soak cedar plank in water for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat barbeque to about degrees. Place marinated salmon on plank and cook for approximately 10 minutes
- If baking in conventional oven, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place salmon in oven proof dish and cook for approximately 20 minutes