This dish can be breakfast, lunch or dinner. When it’s breakfast, I keep the flavours simple – olive oil, sea salt and a bit of pepper. If it’s lunch or dinner, add herbs and spices to taste. This plate can be seasoned to the flavours of many cultures! This plate is also a good gluten-free option. And, as a bonus, this meal is quick to clean up if you use the same pan for the eggs as you did for the veggies and rice.
- 2 large eggs per person
- ⅓ cup cooked brown rice person
- ⅓ to ½ cup chopped vegetables per person
- 1 tsp to 1 tbsp olive oil (or butter if you prefer)
- ½ avocado, sliced per person
- In frying pan, saute ¾ cup fresh vegetables in olive oil until hot but still crisp. Add cooked rice and a sprinkle of sea salt and ground pepper. Remove mixture from pan, cover with a lid and set aside. (Because eggs cook quickly, this mixture will stay warm until eggs are cooked and you are ready to serve)
- Add a little more olive oil or butter to pan. Add eggs and cook to desired doneness on each side if doing over easy eggs…(only a minute or so on each side if you like a runny yolk)
- Remove eggs, rice and veggies to a plate.
- Slice half an avocado, tomato, or other fruits
Variations: If you don’t like over easy eggs, choosing scrambled, fried, poached or hard-boiled eggs would work too. Use any vegetables or seasonings you like! Add chopped fresh herbs to kick up the presentation and elevate the dish to another level!
recipe by: everydayhomegourmet.blog/