This recipe for homemade Caesar Salad dressing is the best! It was given to me by one of my aunts, and it’s a hit no matter when and where it is served. I’m not an anchovy lover, so I usually leave that out, but it’s good either way. One tip, make sure you use quality fresh parmesan cheese…(don’t even think about that stuff you can buy in the grocery aisle!)
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce, washed and torn into pieces
- 1 cup good quality croutons (homemade, or store bought without additives)
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and broken into pieces
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 egg
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 to 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp hot mustard or dry mustard
- 1 tsp anchovy paste (optional)
- Blend all ingredients (except croutons, lettuce and bacon) in a blender or food processor to combine
- Add lettuce, croutons, bacon to salad bowl and top with the dressing, just before serving
- Combine well and enjoy!
Variations: Make it gluten-free by using chickpea croutons instead of bread croutons!
posted by: everydayhomegourmet.blog/